A good chiropractor knows that knee pain can be very debilitating for those who suffer from it. Activities like walking, bending over to pick something up, and going up stairs can become difficult with knee pain. Chiropractic care can help restore mobility and strength in your knee so that you can begin to go about your day in the way that you want without worrying about enduring severe pain as a result.
If you or someone you love is dealing with knee problems that impacts their life and capacity to experience joy, then now is the time to contact a chiropractor, like a chiropractor in Dundalk, MD, for information about strategies for alleviating knee pain.
Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain may develop for a number of reasons. Perhaps the patient was diagnosed with arthritis, recently in a car accident, is struggling with obesity, or has another condition that contributes to knee pain. In order for a chiropractor to decipher the root cause of knee pain, it is important that patients are forthcoming about their medical history and current symptoms. He or she cannot accurately diagnose you or create a proper treatment plan if your chiropractor does not have all the facts. Once your doctor has gotten to know your health better, then he or she can provide strategies for combating knee pain.
Techniques That Help Knee Pain
After a consultation, a chiropractor will then go over your recommended treatment plan. There are several techniques that may be suggested, depending on your individual circumstances. One of more of the following may be used when treating your knee pain:
- Spinal/Joint Adjustments: when the spine is misaligned it can create an imbalance that puts added pressure on joints, such as the knees. Adjustments of the spine can help restore flow, limit wear on the body, decrease knee pain, and combat inflammation.
- Posture Correction: poor posture can also put pressure on the body and cause certain areas to over-compensate. For instance, if you sit for long periods throughout the day, your neck may slowly curve forward.
- Lifestyle Changes: knee pain may be caused due to unhealthy habits, so a chiropractor can suggest lifestyle adjustments that can prevent a worsened condition and decrease the severity of pain experienced.
- Counseling for Nutrition: proper nutrition can promote healthy weight loss (if needed), reducing the pressure that the knees may have to withstand everyday due to the added weight.
- Ultrasound Therapy: ultrasound waves are used to massage muscles and joints surrounding the knee area, reducing stiffness and pain.
- Trigger Point Therapy: a technique that uses pressure on certain points of the body to decrease knee pain, stiffness, and discomfort.
There are approaches to knee health that can reduce inflammation, pain, aches, stiffness, and weakness. If you are ready to combat your knee pain using chiropractic strategies, then contact a chiropractor as soon as possible.
Thanks to Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic for their insight into the chiropractic strategies that can help alleviate knee pain.