Sleep Apnea Relief Bethesda, MD
The Pain Arthritis Relief Center offers sleep apnea relief Bethesda, MD residents rely on when they suffer from sleep apnea. In fact, many of our clients have come into the office to talk about general sleep problems. They have only to have one of our chiropractors inform them that they have the signs and symptoms of sleep apnea. One of the only symptoms you may have noticed was your snoring, an occurrence that is common to many Americans. In fact, if you grew up with family members who snored, you may just think that it is genetic. However, snoring can be a symptom of a larger issue, like sleep apnea. To set up an appointment for your sleep apnea relief in Bethesda, MD, call our office now.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a condition that affects between 15 and 18 million Americans, or about one in fifteen people. The disorder causes shallow pauses in a person’s breathing while they sleep. Sufferers of sleep apnea, who don’t get air into the lungs can experience poor sleeping conditions, as well as other health complications. To treat the condition, a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, or CPAP, machine may be utilized. This machine uses air pressure to keep the airways open. It is fitted to a patients’ head and worn on their faces.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Many sufferers of sleep apnea are unaware they have the condition until their partner or someone else notices symptoms like:
- A sore throat upon waking up
- Loud snoring
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Memory problems
- Cognitive impairment
- Cardiovascular problems
- Restless sleep
Those who suffer from sleep apnea, snoring, or another sleep disorder may find relief from a chiropractor. Chiropractic adjustments of the neck and spine can help to support the soft tissues and muscles around the areas. This can reduce tension and improve breathing.
Chiropractic care can also resolve other problems that may exacerbate the disorder, such as thyroid, lung, and liver functioning, sinus congestion, and inflammation. To find snoring apnea relief in Bethesda, MD, please call our clinic today.
How is sleep apnea dangerous?
You may be wondering if sleep apnea is actually dangerous and if you need Bethesda, Maryland sleep apnea relief. The answer to this is “yes.” Sleep apnea can actually be quite dangerous and the sooner you are able to get treatment for it the safer you will be. Our chiropractic team knows that there are many dangers of sleep apnea, including:
- Heart disease. If you suffer from sleep apnea, you are more likely to have heart disease and suffer from heart attacks. Because sleep apnea disrupts the signals in your body that tell you to take in oxygen, low oxygen and the stress on your body from constantly waking up at night can cause heart problems.
- High blood pressure. Sleep apnea can be particularly dangerous if a doctor has already diagnosed you with high blood pressure. Everyone’s body needs a certain amount of sleep. When you are not getting the amount your body needs at night, it puts significant stress on your body that can cause your blood pressure to rise.
Convincing Your Partner to Be Tested for Sleep Apnea
When it comes to sleep apnea, it is often the partner in the bed who first notices that something is not right. One of these noticeable signs is snoring. In fact, snoring can be so disruptive that it can result in relationship problems! If your partner is snoring on a regular basis, or you are noticing other relatable signs, it may be time to talk with your partner about being tested for sleep apnea.
That being said, many people are reluctant to undergo sleep tests, which means finding sleep apnea relief in Bethesda, MD is not accessed. For example, some people might feel as if their partner is overdramatizing their snoring or sleep symptoms. Others might be concerned about the results. Regardless of what the reason might be, we would like to provide you with some tips on convincing your partner to be tested for sleep apnea.
- Record Your Partner – Some people find it difficult to believe their snoring patterns without actually seeing it. If you believe your partner is in need of sleep apnea relief in Bethesda, MD, it might be a good idea to record them while they sleep. Oftentimes, an audio or video recording is one of the best forms of proof to demonstrate to a person that they should schedule a sleep test. This test can also be shown to the sleep doctor.
- Utilize a Health Tracker – Many smartwatches can record internal data, which includes the number of times a person has woken up in the middle of the night, and what their heart rate was at the time of the disruption. Although the idea of snoring might provoke a little laugh, when viewing health data from a tracking device, it might render proof that something is going on. For instance, it is not good when the heart rate suddenly jumps in the middle of the night.
When you do decide that seeing a doctor for sleep apnea relief in Bethesda, MD, please know that the necessary tests will be performed to get an accurate diagnosis. Any equipment or medication will also be provided to you. Finally, chiropractic care and other conventional methods of treatment may be recommended.
How did I get sleep apnea?
When you visit our office, we will try to pinpoint how your sleep apnea came about. In some cases, we may be able to determine that you have spinal misalignments or a subluxation that was the result of an accident, an injury, or lifestyle habits. We believe that if you come to our Bethesda sleep apnea relief treatment, we can help correct these subluxations and misalignments. It is possible that these are causing you to have a blocked airway and restrict your breathing. We may also employ certain types of massages that can help relax your tension and promote better breathing techniques.
For more information on how you can experience sleep apnea relief in Bethesda, Maryland, contact the Pain Arthritis Relief Center now.