Disc Pain & Herniation
If you’ve had disc problems for years, recently injured your back or are suffering from sciatica, don’t wait – visit Pain Arthritis Relief Center in Rockville, Maryland today! We are experts when it comes to disc pain treatment.
Disc Herniation & Pain
A herniated disc can be very painful and disruptive, affecting all aspects of your life, from typing, to driving, to walking. Spinal discs are cushions located between each spinal vertebrae. As you get older, these discs become more rigid and injury prone. When the disc ruptures, a portion of it bulges out and it becomes a herniated disc. Disc herniation causes the spinal cord and nerves to become pinched, causing discomfort and pain.
Disc herniation can be caused by:
- Sudden stress or heavy strain on the lower back
- Repetitive motion (and poor lifting habits)
- Sports-related injuries
- Disc degeneration (wear and tear of the disc)
Disc herniation symptoms include:
- Sudden leg pain
- Shooting pain when sneezing, coughing or straining your back
- Pain that intensifies when standing for a prolonged amount of time or with bending or twisting movements
- Tingling or numbness in one leg
- Thigh pain
- Muscle weakness in one or both legs
- Deep muscle pain
- Muscle spasms
- Intermittent pain in one leg
- Bowel and bladder problems (this is indicative of cauda equina syndrome, a medical emergency – you should go to the hospital right away)
Disc Herniation Treatment
Surgery isn’t the only option when it comes to disc herniation treatment. Pain Arthritis Relief Center offers 100% safe, drug-free disc herniation and pain treatment with chiropractic, physical therapy and acupuncture. We can also help you reduce pain with our state-of-the-art decompression tables.
Here at Pain Arthritis Relief Center, we can identify the source of the pain, complete a thorough analysis and determine an effective treatment plan. A truly good disc herniation treatment plan depends on age, symptoms and activity level. Other things you can do on your own include rest, icing and heating.
Contact us today for disc herniation treatment in the Rockville, Maryland area and leave our office pain free!