Back Injuries that Result from a Slip and Fall Accident

Back Injuries

Slip and fall accidents are very common and are often the result of negligence. However, no matter how they occur they all need medical attention. More extreme slip and fall accidents can result in head, spine, neck and overall back injuries. It is vital that you seek medical attention after a slip and fall, whether from a chiropractor or a licensed doctor, because you may have sustained a serious injury without even knowing so. Many times symptoms do not present themselves immediately after an injury occurs. It can actually take up to a month to become noticeable. Getting checked out immediately after a slip and fall will help inform you of any damage or injuries done to you and can help rule out more serious conditions like spinal or brain damage.

Seeing a Doctor

You should see a medical professional after a slip and fall accident to document the extent of your detriment. This will also help if you decide to take whoever was responsible to court. For example, if you were to later choose to file a claim, the other party’s attorney could argue that you did not seek medical attention for your injury, so it cannot be that serious. If you have already gone to see a doctor, gotten medical advice and attention, you can fight against this claim.

Additional Tips

You should always keep copies of your medical treatment, like X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, your doctor’s notes and any prescriptions of medication for your treatment. You also should document your accident. Explain who was present, where it was and what happened to the best of your ability in legible handwriting and sign and date the note. You may also want to have any witnesses to the accident write down a testimonial and sign their name at the bottom. Obtain their contact information should you need them in court to help your case. Take pictures and videos of the accident scene and the surrounding areas and make sure that you record or write down what the business’s immediate reaction to your slip and fall was.

Contact an Attorney

You should definitely contact an experienced attorney, like a personal injury lawyer can count on. if you are considering pursuing a lawsuit against the business that you slipped and fell at. They can help further assist you in court, in your claim, and make sure that you receive a fair compensation in the settlement.