Rockville Physical Therapists
Our Rockville physical therapists are dedicated to offering services and treatment to focus on your overall health and well being. We know that if you seek treatment from a physical therapist, you likely have a good reason. Whether you have an injury, are trying to prevent more invasive treatments, or recovering after surgery, our team at the Pain & Arthritis Relief Center can help you. There are many reasons to consider physical therapy, as treatment offers several benefits. We know that if you have never undergone physical therapy before, you will be apprehensive about what to expect. Our team is dedicated to not only providing treatment but helping you feel as comfortable as possible by carefully preparing you for your first session and what you can expect from PT services.
Reasons for Physical Therapy
Physical therapists work with their patients to diagnose and treat people who are faced with a variety of ailments. Typically patients seek support from a physical therapist if they have been injured, are recovering from surgery, or have limited physical abilities due to a medical condition. Often patients are experiencing pain and a limited range of motion that impacts their daily lives. In many situations, a physical therapist is referred to by a doctor to assist with providing treatment through education and physical exercise to improve a person’s physical functioning. Common reasons to consider physical therapy in Rockville, MD include:
- A physical therapist will develop a treatment plan that is specific to your needs
- Physical therapy can help to reduce pain and improve range of motion and functionality
- A physical therapist will listen to you and target interventions to affected areas
- Treatment from physical therapists are noninvasive and in some cases can help to avoid more invasive options such as surgery
- Physical therapy can provide a natural alternative to pain and can reduce the use or dependency on over the counter or prescribed pain medications
Whether you are physically active, have a medical condition that limits your capabilities, or are in the process of recovering from an injury, physical therapy can be a useful intervention in the recovery process. By working with us, we can holistically support your wellness. In addition to preventing future injuries by offering targeted treatments, we will also work with our patients to manage medical conditions, age-related issues, recover from injuries, and more.
What to Expect from Physical Therapy
If you have never experienced physical therapy before, we know that our patients will have many questions about what they can expect from appointments and treatment that they will endure. Here’s what patients can expect:
- You will be asked several questions that pertain to your medical history and your condition
- An initial assessment and examination (which will likely be repeated after some time to determine progress). Assessments will also involve testing your strength, mobility, balance, range of motion, flexibility, and more
- A diagnosis that is based on your evaluation and medical information that has been provided
- An individualized treatment plan aimed at meeting your specific needs
- Your physical therapist will teach you a variety of exercises, and it may be a good idea to come prepared by wearing comfortable clothing
- You will be expected to complete the recommended exercises at home
Pain & Arthritis Relief Center is a group of practitioners dedicated to helping people live their best lives by providing them with empathy, treatment, and support. We value our clients and will work to provide services they can rely on. We know that it’s likely that you are seeking our services because you are in the process of recovery or working to manage your condition better. Don’t hesitate any longer in receiving the treatment you deserve. Contact our Rockville, Maryland physical therapists to gain better control over your condition today.