Knee Doctor Rockville Maryland
Knee Pain: Causes, Relief, and Signs You Should See a Knee Doctor
Dealing with knee pain is something that can really disrupt your life and may lead you to seek advice from a knee doctor Rockville MD residents trust. There are many different causes of knee pain and different treatments, ranging from simple exercises you can do at home to corrective surgery.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Your Rockville MD knee doctor may be able to tell you the cause of your knee pain. In the meantime, you may also find it helpful to know the three most common causes so you can determine what to do next. Common causes of persistent knee pain can include:
- Injury: Knee pain and injury go hand in hand. You may experience a swollen, painful knee if you’ve injured it. Common causes of injuries may include sports activities, trips and falls, or even auto accidents.
- Chronic Conditions: There are many different conditions that are considered chronic and can cause knee pain. One of the main sources is arthritis. Arthritis of the knee can be painful and ongoing, and many patients may seek pain management from a knee doctor in Rockville MD.
- Overuse: It’s possible to overuse your knee so much that it causes pain. If you participate in strenuous activity for a long period of time, you may experience knee pain.
Treatments for Knee Pain You Can Do at Home
A knee doctor Rockville MD can provide may to tell you that there are a few things you can do at home to help your knee feel better.
Rest is often recommended because it can be very helpful in relieving knee pain. If you can stay off the knee as much as possible, it may feel better in just a couple of days. Some individuals choose to prop their knee up to get some relief while others go about a normal day and try to reduce the amount of time they are standing.
Ice for your knee is another method for relieving pain and reducing swelling. Your knee doctor Rockville MD turns to may be able to tell you if ice is a proper treatment method for your symptoms.
Reasons You Should See a Knee Doctor
In some situations, you may want to see a doctor. Because it can be difficult to determine when to see a doctor, there are a couple of clues that may point to needing medical intervention. These include:
- Pain lasting more than 48 hours. If a knee joint itself is painful for more than 2 days, it may be best to seek medical care.
- Swelling lasting more than 48 hours. Soft tissue swells after its been injured; minor swelling typically decreases naturally over a short time. If your knee has been consistently swollen for more than 48 hours, you may need see a doctor.
- Instability. If you feel like you can’t put any weight on your knee, you may want to seek medical advice from a knee doctor Rockville MD has to offer.
If you’re experiencing knee pain, you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold or live in pain. See a knee doctor Rockville MD residents turn to at Advanced Spine and Wellness Center by calling 301-710-9777 today.