Rockville Chiropractor Discusses Who is a Good Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractics provides a vast range of benefits for patients engaged in treatment. Are you considering chiropractics and whether you are the right candidate for treatment? Rockville Chiropractor Discusses Who is a Good Candidate for Chiropractic Care? The answer to this question is Yes. Most people considering whether they are a candidate for chiropractic services in Maryland can benefit from a chiropractor’s treatments. Pain & Arthritis Relief Center is excited to educate first-time patients on how they can best prepare for their first appointment and what they can expect.
Signs to See a Chiropractor
For those considering whether they are a candidate for chiropractic care, it’s always best to start by contacting an experienced chiropractor to discuss your specific situation. Whether you have been experiencing pain for some time, are under the care of a medical provider for your condition, were recently in an accident, or have a limited range of motion, a chiropractor may be your best bet at recovery. The following are signs that you should contact a chiropractor for treatment:
#1. You are experiencing chronic neck, back, or shoulder pain
#2. Ongoing migraines and headaches
#3. Difficulty moving the body or have physical limitations
#4. Joint pain
#5. You would like to improve your overall health and wellness
When you seek treatment from a dedicated team of professionals, you will receive care that is effective, non-invasive, tailored to meet your specific needs and provides immediate results.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment
Treatment from a chiropractor offers several advantages. A primary reason people seek care from a chiropractor is for relief from ailments or physical injuries. Pain can be debilitating and exhausting, impacting a person’s overall functioning. Aside from pain relief, many do not realize the many benefits offered by a chiropractor:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves your energy levels
- Better sleep
- Helps for a healthier pregnancy
- Promotes recovery and assists the body with healing
- Natural way to receive relief from pain without the use of over the counter or prescription pain medications
- Increase the ability to move the body, allowing patients to live a more active lifestyle
- Assist with stress management
- Help to manage stomach issues
When many think of a chiropractor, the adjustment is often the first thought that comes to mind. While an adjustment can help assist with healing and managing pain by bringing the body back into alignment, some other treatments, and services offered at chiropractic offices include:
- Dry Needling
- Physical Therapy
- Reflexive Pattern Therapy
- Lifestyle Counseling
- Therapeutic Stretches
To ensure optimal recovery, it’s critical to search for a chiropractor who works closely with patients to develop a treatment plan aimed at healing and specified to the patient’s specific needs.
Preparing for the First Appointment
If you have never been to the chiropractor before, many may find themselves nervous with anticipation over what they can expect at their first appointment. The chiropractor is nothing to be worried about; think of the first appointment as the beginning of improved wellness and physical recovery. During the first appointment with a chiropractor, you can expect:
- To meet with a chiropractor who will work to gain a better understanding of your physical condition and treatment needs
- That a chiropractor will want to review your medical history and will ask several questions about your symptoms, frequency, and intensity of pain, and lifestyle habits
- To undergo a thorough exam, testing your strength, range of motion, and more
- To be educated on chiropractic treatment and the process
- For a chiropractor to possibly administer treatment
Pain & Arthritis Relief Center professionals know how much chronic pain can weigh a person down. Our practice aims to treat the root of the issue while also providing a natural alternative for pain management. To receive non-invasive treatments that offer pain relief, schedule an appointment to get started.