Prolotherapy in Potomac, MD
If you deal with frequent muscle or joint pain, prolotherapy in Potomac, MD may be worth considering. During this treatment, a medical professional will inject a dextrose solution into the affected area to promote tissue repair. Here are some of the benefits of prolotherapy.
- There’s no anesthesia required. If you were to undergo traditional surgery to treat your muscle or joint pain, you would have to go under anesthesia. General anesthesia carries several risks, including vomiting, allergic reaction, and nerve injury. With prolotherapy, you don’t have to undergo anesthesia, so the risks are minimal.
- It can decrease pain. Pain relief is one of the main advantages of prolotherapy. If you suffer from chronic pain in your muscles or joints, it can be difficult to perform normal activities and even get out of bed some days. Prolotherapy has helped many patients finally relieve their pain, allowing them to live normal lives again.
- It has a short recovery time. One of the downsides of having surgery is that you may be out of commision for a while. You may not be able to go to work or resume your normal activities for weeks. Prolotherapy, on the other hand, has a much shorter recovery time. In fact, you may be able to get back to your normal routine in just a few days.
- It can increase your range of motion. When you have pain in your joint or muscles, it can be difficult to move around. After you undergo prolotherapy in Potomac, MD, you may find that your range of motion has improved dramatically. You may be able to move around without assistance.
- It can help you avoid pain medications. Prescription pain medication can be effective at alleviating muscle or joint pain. However, you must remember that it only relieves it temporarily and does not treat the root cause of the issue. Pain medication can also be addictive and lead to side effects. If you opt for prolotherapy, you can forgo the pain medication.
- It may help you avoid surgery. Surgery is sometimes necessary to treat certain illnesses and injuries. However, it should only be used as a last resort. After all, surgery does come with risks, like infection, bleeding and blood clots. If you undergo prolotherapy, you may be able to avoid prolotherapy altogether.
Schedule an appointment for prolotherapy in Potomac, MD at Pain Arthritis Relief Center.