Physical Therapist Gaithersburg, MD
If you suffer from back pain, you may want to see a physical therapist Gaithersburg, MD trusts. Physical therapy can help you fight your back pain once and for all and live a normal life. At the Pain Arthritis Relief Center, we have helped many patients relieve their back pain without the use of traditional medicine.
How Does Physical Therapy Treat Back Pain?
Physical therapy can be an effective and safe way to treat back pain. There are many types of therapies available, and your physical therapist in Gaithersburg, MD may choose to use several methods to treat your back pain symptoms. Let’s take a closer look at the different types of physical therapy:
- Massage: Massage is a big part of physical therapy and can increase circulation and relax the muscles in the back. Your physical therapist Gaithersburg, MD respects will apply pressure to the soft tissues in your back during a massage.
- Manipulation: This therapy involves applying pressure to the joints in the back with a hand or special device. The force is carefully controlled and may strong at times.
- Exercise: Physical activity is commonly involved in physical therapy and may be specifically designed for your ailment. Your physical therapist may create an exercise program for you to do on your own at home, in addition to attending physical therapy sessions with a trained professional.
- Heat Therapy: Using heat is especially helpful if the joints in your back are stiff from arthritis. If your physical therapist Gaithersburg, MD relies on applies a heating pad on your back, it can increase blood circulation and relax the muscles.
- Mobilization: If your physical therapist uses slow movements to twist or pulls the joints in your back into proper position, it can reduce tightness and increase flexibility.
What Should I Expect During My First Physical Therapy Session?
During your first physical therapy session, your Gaithersburg physical therapist may ask you several questions about your back pain, such as when the problem started and if you are currently taking medication for it or not. It may be helpful to review important facts about your back pain before your session.
A physical therapist may also perform balance, range of motion, strength, and other various tests during your session. These tests are used to measure impairments that may be causing your back pain.
After obtaining your medical history and performing the necessary tests, your physical therapist Gaithersburg, MD depends on should be able to determine the appropriate treatment plan for your back pain. This comprehensive treatment plan can include your immediate goals, long-term goals, and individualized program plans for your specific needs.
If you have any questions during your physical therapy session, do not hesitate to ask them. Your physical therapist should be more than happy to answer all your questions and provide you with clear and thoughtful answers.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with a physical therapist Gaithersburg, MD has to offer, contact the Pain Arthritis Relief Center today at 301-710-9777.