Knee Injury Doctor North Potomac, MD
Our knee injury doctor North Potomac, MD patients from the Pain Arthritis Relief Center knows that when you have injured your knee the best thing you can do is seek treatment. When it comes to your knee, you may hope that icing it will fix it. While icing can help in combination with other remedies, it is always best to seek the help of a medical professional who can x-ray your injury and see how bad the damage is. This can help ensure you get the precise treatment you need. Your knee is crucial to your everyday life because it helps you walk, balance, stand, do your chores, and do your favorite hobbies. Want to see how we can help with your knee injury? Call today.
What will a knee doctor do when I come in?
You may think that the only thing we offer our patients is a cracked back and cracked joints. However, we can provide you with the treatment that will help your knee recover from its injury. Some of the following techniques we use are:
- Adjusting Your Spine. When your back is misaligned, this can put more pressure on your knee joints which will make your injury worse. Your North Potomac, Maryland knee injury doctor may want to adjust your spine to re-establish proper alignment.
- Correcting Your Posture. Similar to spinal adjustments, incorrect posture puts added pressure on the rest of your body. Your knee doctor may take a look at your posture to determine if any changes need to be made.
- Using Laser Therapy. When you have injured your knee, low-level laser therapy may be right for you. This can help reduce inflammation in the injured knee and speed up the healing process by increasing blood flow.
- Adjusting Your Knee. Your knee doctor may adjust your knee to help get it back into proper alignment. When this happens, it helps relieve additional stress on your joints and promotes healing.
When is a Knee Doctor Necessary?
If you’ve injured your knee you might feel reluctant to see a knee injury doctor in North Potomac, MD right away. Many people choose to wait and see what happens; thus, potentially missing important treatment opportunities that could save time, money, and pain in the future! That said, it is certainly possible for some knee injuries to heal on their own. However, when the knee is injured, overworked, or abused, it is possible for various mobility problems to result, as well as acute or chronic pain.
Signs that Indicate a Need to See a North Potomac, MD Knee Injury Doctor
Knee pain can be mild to moderate, or extremely debilitating. It might be treated with rest, ice, compression, or elevation (The Rice Treatment Approach), and eventually will heal. Other people will find their knee pain to be so excruciating that they are unable to perform day to day activities. If this is the case for you, seeing a knee injury doctor in North Potomac, MD is highly recommended. In addition to this, signs that warrant the need to schedule an appointment at the Pain Arthritis Relief Center include:
- Excessive swelling that has lasted beyond 48 hours
- Throbbing pain deep within the knee joint
- Complete or partial loss of motion
- Knee instability
- Inability to place full weight on the knee
- Clicking or popping sounds in the knee
- Tingling sensations around the knee
When a child or elderly person is the one suffering from this pain, it is advisable to consult their primary care physician or go to the emergency room. If you are unsure about what you should do, we would invite you to call The Pain Arthritis Relief Center for advice.
In the event you’ve been diagnosed with a condition or problem of the knee, it may be useful to see a knee injury doctor North Potomac, MD has to offer. Our clinic has successfully treated patients with:
- ACL injury
- Knee dislocation
- Broken kneecap
- Tendon tear
- + More
Knee Treatment is Not Always Invasive
Many people assume they will need surgery to fix their knee; this is not always true. Surgery is typically the very last treatment option. When you talk with your Potomac, Maryland knee injury doctor, he or she might recommend some or all of the following treatments:
- Viscosupplementation injections
- Fluoroscope injections
- Lubrication injections
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical therapy
- PRP treatment
- Stem cell treatment
- Chiropractic care
- Ice, heat, and/or compression
- A knee brace
The cause of any knee issue can vary. It is essential to choose a doctor who is ready to take the time to create a custom treatment plan that is suited to your own needs. At the Pain Arthritis Relief Center, we will sit with you to discuss your history, symptoms, and goals. We are happy to answer any questions you have and help you to understand what is best for you.
We know that after a knee injury you want to heal as quickly as possible, and we believe that natural remedies can not only encourage your body to heal on its own but make it heal quicker. If you would like to learn more about how we can help after you have suffered from a knee injury, call the knee injury doctor in North Potomac, Maryland you can rely on now.