Car Accident Doctor Potomac, MD
When you have been injured in a car accident, you may be wondering how a car accident doctor Potomac, MD can help you. At the Pain Arthritis Relief Center, we treat car accident victims every day. Our patients come from different backgrounds and ages. As a leading treatment facility for car accident injuries, we offer the following services to patients:
- Whiplash treatment
- Chiropractic care
- Back pain treatment
- Back strengthening
- Physical therapy
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries sustained in a car accident. In fact, most people will suffer some degree of whiplash. When a patient comes to us with the symptoms of whiplash, we often, but not always, recommend chiropractic care. This non-invasive method of treatment is safe and effective for many symptoms that are a result of whiplash.
Whiplash happens when the impact of an accident causes the neck to jerk back and forth. This rapid motion leads to ligaments and muscles in the neck to become injured. As a Potomac, MD car accident doctor, we may recommend chiropractic treatment to help with the pain.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help After a Car Accident
Many people don’t initially think of a chiropractor being able to act as a car accident doctor in Potomac, MD. The truth is, there are many injuries, extending beyond whiplash, that a chiropractor can treat. Many of these injuries can be more effectively treated than other conventional methods. Best of all, there are no harsh painkillers or invasive procedures involved.
At the Pain Arthritis Relief Center, your car accident doctor Potomac, MD residents trust may treat you for injuries such as:
- Neck sprains or strains
- Back pain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Herniated spinal discs
- Headaches and migraines
- Jaw pain
- Knee pain
- Joint pain
Many people in a car accident won’t feel any pain for 24-72 hours. It is always recommended to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. There could be serious injuries, including silent head trauma or internal bleeding. A car accident doctor in Potomac, MD would encourage you to get treatment, especially if you notice any of the following:
- Back or neck pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chronic aches
- Ongoing headache
- Chest pain
If you believe you are having a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Chiropractic Care for Car Accident Injuries
The body can take only so much impact before it becomes injured. In most accidents, regardless of the speed, the impact is enough to jolt the skeletal system back and forth. While that might be all that happened, and you have no other injuries, you may still need a doctor. Your spine could be misaligned, and without treating it, there will likely be other symptoms that arise in the near, or far, future. By having it checked out now, you could prevent a lot of discomfort. Seeing a car accident doctor might also benefit your accident claim. Usually, you will need to show that you sought medical treatment, and have been diagnosed with any specific injuries.
Even if you have minor injuries, you might have suffered from microtears in the tissues of your body. Without treatment, they can become worse. A car accident doctor in Potomac, MD can assess your injuries and help you to know whether chiropractic care, or another method of treatment, is right for you.
Eight Benefits of Receiving Chiropractic Treatment after a Car Accident
Every car accident is different, and the injuries that may result will also vary. Though in some cases surgery may be unavoidable, in other cases a person can be successfully treated by a chiropractor. The non-invasive techniques used by a chiropractic car accident doctor in Potomac, MD may offer lasting and effective treatment for a wide range of injuries.
Here are eight reasons why you should consider calling the Pain Arthritis Relief Center in Potomac, MD to schedule an exam with our car accident doctor:
- It can take several days after a car accident for an injury to become apparent. This is because the body often goes into shock, or symptoms take some time to present. A chiropractor can determine if you have suffered whiplash, spinal misalignment, or other injuries common amongst car accident victims. Early treatment can prevent further damage to the body and reduce the likelihood of long term chronic pain.
- The care provided by a chiropractor who specializes in treating injuries associated with car accidents is non-invasive. This means there is no surgery involved. Additionally, the treatment does not include prescription medications which may cause side effects. Some prescription medications also carry the risk of becoming dependent on them even after the body heals.
- Chiropractic treatments often reduce inflammation in areas that were injured from the car accident.
- Chiropractic treatments often reduce scar tissue in areas that were injured from the car accident.
- When pain is not localized and is located throughout the body, a chiropractor can often determine the source of the pain and treat it. This provides full-body relief and may be almost instantaneous.
- When an injury limits the individual’s range of motion, a chiropractor can treat that area and the nerve centers affected by it. This will allow the person to extend their range of motion and offers the best chance to regain normal functionality during their recovery from the injury.
- It’s not unusual for motorists in Potomac, MD to suffer permanent pain or reduced mobility due to their injuries if they did not undergo early treatment by a car accident doctor. Not treating an injury at the beginning can allow it to get far more serious. It can also result in additional injuries when the body tries to compensate for one or more adverse conditions.
- If you plan to file a claim against the party responsible for causing your car accident, any reimbursement for medical costs must be backed with proof of injury and cost of treatment. Our car accident doctor assists patients in Potomac, MD who were injured in this way and require documented proof of damages. If you sustained an injury that requires medical care, any treatment you receive at Pain Arthritis Relief Center may be eligible for compensation from the insurance company. This is especially important if the injury prevents you from returning to work temporarily or permanently and your income is reduced as a result.
Contact us today at Pain Arthritis Relief Center to schedule an exam with our car accident doctor and learn how we can help you recover from your injury.