Knee Pain Doctor in PG County MD
Knee Pain and Causes
Millions of people suffer from knee pain every day. Whether the pain is caused by a traumatic injury to the knee or if the pain is caused as a result of wear and tear on the joint, anyone who suffers from knee pain can attest to the impact it can have on an individual’s quality of life.
There are many conditions that can cause knee pain, including inflammation and osteoporosis. With so many ligaments and muscles compromising the joint, it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact area that is causing the pain. While many people turn to pain medication and injections, you may be able to find relief with treatments from a compassionate knee pain doctor in PG County Maryland from Pain & Arthritis Relief Center that will avoid those types of medications.
Knee Pain Stats
People of all ages, shapes, sizes, and background suffer from knee pain. In fact, there are more than 100 million people in this country who are dealing with chronic knee pain right now. Other statistics include the following:
- Knee pain is the second most common cause of chronic pain
- More than 30 percent of all people in this country report having knee pain at some point in their life.
- One of the most frequent causes of knee pain is too much weight on the knee point.
- Another frequent cause of knee pain is improper technique when engaging in certain activities, such as sports.
- Approximately 20 percent of all men in this country suffer with chronic knee pain.
- Women are more likely to seek medical attention for their knee pain.
As mentioned above, there are a variety of reasons why a person is experiencing knee pain, from injury to disease. The effects knee pain can have can be debilitating, leaving a person with restricted movement, reduced strength, limited mobility, and weak muscle control.
Injuries to knees can happen while playing sports, in vehicle accidents, engaging in recreational activities, slip and fall accidents, and work injuries. Any type of cartilage or ligament tear can take years to heal if they do not get the right treatment. Wear and tear is also another common cause of knee pain. Cartilage can wear down, leaving the bones unprotected and rubbing against each other.
Some of the most common causes of knee pain that a knee pain doctor in PG County MD treats include the following:
- Anterior knee pain
- Fractures around the knee
- Ligament strains and sprains
Let a Knee Pain Doctor in PG County MD Help You Get Your Life Back
If you are dealing with knee pain and would like to find how chiropractic treatment may be able to help, contact name of clinic today to find out how we can help. We offer a wide range of treatment options that can help you live your life pain-free once again. Call our office today to meet with a knee pain doctor in PG County MD.